Bergrivier Local Municipality (WC013)
PO Box 60, Piketberg, 7320Physical:
13 Church Street, PiketbergTel:
022 913 6000Fax:
022 913 1406Web: www.bergmun.org.za
Description: Bergrivier Local Municipality is located within the West Coast District Municipality in the Western Cape province. Piketberg is the seat of the municipal council. Adjacent municipalities are: Cederberg Local Municipality (north); Witzenberg Local Municipality and Cape Winelands District Municipality (east); Drakenstein Local Municipality and Cape Winelands District Municipality (south); Swartland Local Municipality (south); and Saldanha Bay Local Municipality (south-west). The municipality also borders the Atlantic Ocean on the west.Cities/Towns:
Aurora, Eendekuil, Piketberg, Porterville, Redelinghuys, VelddrifMain Economic Sectors:
Agriculture, tourism, financial and other services.
16 275Population Growth:
2.85% p.a. Unemployment Rate:
Political ManagementComposition of Council:
DA 7, ANC 5, COPE 1Mayor:
Mr Evert ManuelOther Members of Council:
Mr Johan Raats (Speaker), Mrs Sandra Crafford (Deputy Executive Mayor and Executive Member: Financial Services), Mr Riaan de Vries (Executive Member: Technical Services), Mr Ray van Rooy (Executive Member: Corporate Services)
Administrative ManagementMunicipal Manager:
Adv Hanlie LindeChief Financial Officer:
Mr Kobus van NiekerkCommunications Officer:
Mrs Tracy StoneLED Officer:
Mr Stanton BooysOther Senior Management:
Mr Vivian Kotzee (Corporate Services), Mr Hendrik Krohn (Technical Services), Ms Helena Priem (Internal Auditor)
|All values: R'000||2013/14||2012/13||2011/12|
|AUDIT OUTCOME ||n/a||Financially unqualified with findings||Qualified audit opinion|
|Property rates||45 148||38 238||34 674|
|Service charges||117 702||98 669||91 197|
|Investment revenue||1 273||551||873|
|Transfers recognised - operational||31 541||46 368||41 535|
|Other own revenue||12 937||11 730||9 627|
|Total Revenue (excluding capital transfers and contributions)||208 602||195 556||177 906|
|Employee costs||77 507||72 161||64 784|
|Remuneration of councillors||4 691||4 259||4 094|
|Depreciation & asset impairment||16 406||14 481||15 936|
|Finance charges||9 234||9 263||7 192|
|Materials and bulk purchases||51 961||54 421||49 038|
|Transfers and grants||2 561||2 393||25 027|
|Other expenditure||39 996||30 951||33 645|
|Total Expenditure||202 356||187 929||199 716|
|Surplus/(Deficit)||6 246||7 627||(21 811)|
|Transfers recognised - capital||15 650||-||14 487|
|Contributions recognised - capital & contributed assets||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) after capital transfers & contributions||21 896||7 627||(7 323)|
|Share of surplus/(deficit) of associate||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) for the year||21 896||7 627||(7 323)|
|CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & FUNDS SOURCES|
|Capital expenditure||25 900||18 942||26 902|
|Transfers recognised - capital||21 249||10 725||12 805|
|Public contributions & donations||-||-||-|
|Borrowing||1 740||3 600||2 762|
|Internally generated funds||2 910||4 617||11 334|
|Total sources of capital funds||25 900||18 942||26 902|
|Total current assets||(1 452)||67 590||61 986|
|Total non current assets||3 879||275 075||272 015|
|Total current liabilities||(2 379)||32 876||36 946|
|Total non current liabilities||7 687||100 991||97 267|
|Community wealth/Equity||(2 880)||208 798||199 788|
|Net cash from (used) operating||32 124||18 524||17 752|
|Net cash from (used) investing||(25 902)||(18 080)||(24 121)|
|Net cash from (used) financing||(271)||1 216||1 400|
|Cash/cash equivalents at the year end||17 254||11 354||9 642|
|UNAUTHORISED, IRREGULAR, FRUITLESS & WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE|
|Unauthorised expenditure||n/a||1 356||27 603|
|Irregular expenditure||n/a||62||1 195|
|Fruitless & wasteful expenditure||n/a||-||-|
|SOURCE||S71 Unaudited||S71 Audited||S71 Audited|
- S71 Unaudited figures are sourced from the MFMA S71 4th Quarter Schedule C reports, made available by the National Treasury. The schedules are available at http://mfma.treasury.gov.za/Media_Releases/s71/Pages/default.aspx.
- S71 Audited figures are prior year audited figures sourced from the MFMA S71 Schedule C reports.
- If the relevant S71 Schedule C figures are unavailable, prior year audited figures may be taken from the relevant Audited Financial Statements. The source is then indicated as AFS. Links are provided under the Resources section on this site.
- S71 Schedule C reports are in the format for monthly and quarterly municipal financial statements as prescribed by the Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations. S71 Schedule C figures are standardised to the prescribed format and may differ from figures shown in the Audited Financial Statements. Where we have captured figures directly from the Audited Financial Statements, we have endeavoured to follow the S71 Schedule C format.
- Unauthorised, Irregular, Fruitless and Wasteful Expenditure is sourced from the Consolidated general report on the audit outcomes of local government, published annually by the Auditor-General South Africa. If the figures are unavailable in this report, they may be sourced from the Annual Financial Statements of the relevant municipality.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest R'000. R0 values are reflected as ‘-’. Values that are unavailable are reflected as ‘n/a’.
Tenders are advertised on the municipal website.
LED ActivitiesKey Projects:
In accordance with LED Strategy, available on www.bergmun.org.za.
Links/ResourcesMunicipal TendersMunicipal VacanciesAnnual ReportsAnnual Report 2012/13Annual Report 2011/12Audited Financial StatementsAFS 2012/13AFS 2011/12AFS 2010/11Integrated Development PlansIDP 2012/13MFMA Section 71 – Schedule CSchedule C 2013/14Schedule C 2012/13Schedule C 2011/12
The information in this directory is supplied and/or externally sourced
and is also subject to continual change. If you notice any errors or omissions, please contact us at email@example.com
so that we can correct it.