Bitou Local Municipality (WC047)
Private Bag X1002, Plettenberg Bay, 6600Physical:
1 Sewell Street, Plettenberg BayTel:
044 501 3000Fax:
044 533 3485Web: www.plett.gov.za
Description: Bitou Local Municipality, formerly known as Plettenberg Bay Municipality, forms part of the Eden District Municipality, which is located in the Western Cape province.Cities/Towns:
Keurboomstrand, Krantshoek, Kurland, Kwanokuthula, Nature's Valley, Plettenberg Bay, Wittedrift
16 645Population Growth:
5.22% p.a. Unemployment Rate:
Political ManagementComposition of Council:
DA 7, ANC 5, COPE 1Mayor:
Mr Memory BooysenOther Members of Council:
Annelise Olivier (Speaker), Neville De Waal (Chief Whip)
Administrative ManagementMunicipal Manager:
Mr Allen PaulseChief Financial Officer:
Mr Felix LötterCommunications Officer:
Ms Kholiswa MasizaLED Officer:
Mr Russel Honeywill (Acting)Other Senior Management:
Alan Croutz (Manager: Legal Services), Mbuleo Memani (Senior Manager: Budget and Financial Reporting), Thembinkosi Henge (Manager: IDP)
|All values: R'000||2013/14||2012/13||2011/12|
|AUDIT OUTCOME ||n/a||Financially unqualified with findings||Financially unqualified with findings|
|Property rates||98 651||83 816||69 812|
|Service charges||197 762||174 984||160 142|
|Investment revenue||3 431||2 844||1 614|
|Transfers recognised - operational||91 080||82 274||32 107|
|Other own revenue||20 350||24 681||16 961|
|Total Revenue (excluding capital transfers and contributions)||411 274||368 600||280 636|
|Employee costs||126 037||108 939||100 822|
|Remuneration of councillors||4 701||4 043||3 735|
|Depreciation & asset impairment||21 095||29 568||19 015|
|Finance charges||13 609||13 559||12 792|
|Materials and bulk purchases||71 543||73 165||56 600|
|Transfers and grants||2 443||2 332||10 999|
|Other expenditure||141 051||115 630||94 268|
|Total Expenditure||380 479||347 236||298 231|
|Surplus/(Deficit)||30 795||21 364||(17 595)|
|Transfers recognised - capital||50 185||22 858||26 703|
|Contributions recognised - capital & contributed assets||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) after capital transfers & contributions||80 981||44 221||9 108|
|Share of surplus/(deficit) of associate||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) for the year||80 981||44 221||9 108|
|CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & FUNDS SOURCES|
|Capital expenditure||67 773||40 758||35 684|
|Transfers recognised - capital||42 653||31 565||11 962|
|Public contributions & donations||2 165||142||-|
|Borrowing||18 335||8 836||5 520|
|Internally generated funds||4 619||216||18 202|
|Total sources of capital funds||67 773||40 758||35 684|
|Total current assets||90 652||92 177||75 152|
|Total non current assets||767 537||720 161||650 655|
|Total current liabilities||28 726||95 947||97 889|
|Total non current liabilities||212 521||177 569||179 619|
|Community wealth/Equity||616 943||538 821||448 301|
|Net cash from (used) operating||49 158||51 203||26 619|
|Net cash from (used) investing||(60 697)||(40 983)||(35 911)|
|Net cash from (used) financing||8 266||3 369||21 228|
|Cash/cash equivalents at the year end||28 509||42 208||28 620|
|UNAUTHORISED, IRREGULAR, FRUITLESS & WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE|
|Unauthorised expenditure||n/a||26 917||42 967|
|Fruitless & wasteful expenditure||n/a||944||4 480|
|SOURCE||S71 Unaudited||S71 Audited||S71 Audited|
- S71 Unaudited figures are sourced from the MFMA S71 4th Quarter Schedule C reports, made available by the National Treasury. The schedules are available at http://mfma.treasury.gov.za/Media_Releases/s71/Pages/default.aspx.
- S71 Audited figures are prior year audited figures sourced from the MFMA S71 Schedule C reports.
- If the relevant S71 Schedule C figures are unavailable, prior year audited figures may be taken from the relevant Audited Financial Statements. The source is then indicated as AFS. Links are provided under the Resources section on this site.
- S71 Schedule C reports are in the format for monthly and quarterly municipal financial statements as prescribed by the Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations. S71 Schedule C figures are standardised to the prescribed format and may differ from figures shown in the Audited Financial Statements. Where we have captured figures directly from the Audited Financial Statements, we have endeavoured to follow the S71 Schedule C format.
- Unauthorised, Irregular, Fruitless and Wasteful Expenditure is sourced from the Consolidated general report on the audit outcomes of local government, published annually by the Auditor-General South Africa. If the figures are unavailable in this report, they may be sourced from the Annual Financial Statements of the relevant municipality.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest R'000. R0 values are reflected as ‘-’. Values that are unavailable are reflected as ‘n/a’.
Procurement information is advertised in local newspapers and occasionally in national newspapers, and on the municipal website.
LED ActivitiesKey Investment Opportunities:
Commercial centre in Kwanokuthula (Coming Together Project); Bitou Airport; Covie Resort.
Links/ResourcesMunicipal TendersMunicipal VacanciesAnnual ReportsAnnual Report 2012/13Annual Report 2011/12Audited Financial StatementsAFS 2012/13AFS 2011/12AFS 2010/11Integrated Development PlansIDP 2012/13MFMA Section 71 – Schedule CSchedule C 2013/14Schedule C 2012/13Schedule C 2011/12
The information in this directory is supplied and/or externally sourced
and is also subject to continual change. If you notice any errors or omissions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
so that we can correct it.