Prince Albert Local Municipality (WC052)
Private Bag X53, Prince Albert, 6930Physical:
33 Church Street, Prince AlbertTel:
023 541 1320Fax:
023 541 1321Web: www.princealbertmunicipality.com
Description: Prince Albert Local Municipality lies on the southern edge of the Great Karoo, a semi-desert region of the Western Cape province. The municipality provides services to Leeu Gamka, Prince Albert Road, Klaarstroom and Prince Albert, and is also responsible for various facilities in these areas.Cities/Towns:
Klaarstroom, Leeu Gamka, Prince Albert, WelgemoedMain Economic Sectors:
3 578Population Growth:
2.23% p.a. Unemployment Rate:
Political ManagementComposition of Council:
KGP 3, ANC 2, DA 2Mayor:
Mr Goliath LotteringOther Members of Council:
N Abrahams (Deputy Mayor), M Jaftha (Speaker), I Windvogel (Representative: Central Karoo District Municipality)
Administrative ManagementMunicipal Manager:
Mr Heinrich MettlerChief Financial Officer:
Mr J D NeethlingCommunications Officer:
Mr Heinrich EsterhuizenOther Senior Management:
Deborah Mooneys (Human Resources Manager)
|All values: R'000||2013/14||2012/13||2011/12|
|AUDIT OUTCOME ||n/a||Financially unqualified with findings||Financially unqualified with findings|
|Property rates||2 129||1 967||1 719|
|Service charges||13 684||13 185||13 035|
|Transfers recognised - operational||17 398||15 924||15 588|
|Other own revenue||3 318||2 508||3 130|
|Total Revenue (excluding capital transfers and contributions)||37 071||33 949||33 934|
|Employee costs||9 399||11 028||9 108|
|Remuneration of councillors||1 926||2 184||2 071|
|Depreciation & asset impairment||965||1 691||1 421|
|Materials and bulk purchases||6 208||8 095||7 220|
|Transfers and grants||-||-||5 883|
|Other expenditure||22 485||16 177||9 576|
|Total Expenditure||40 976||39 517||35 623|
|Surplus/(Deficit)||(3 904)||(5 568)||(1 689)|
|Transfers recognised - capital||24 270||7 741||10 421|
|Contributions recognised - capital & contributed assets||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) after capital transfers & contributions||20 366||2 173||8 733|
|Share of surplus/(deficit) of associate||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) for the year||20 366||2 173||8 733|
|CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & FUNDS SOURCES|
|Capital expenditure||24 013||8 358||10 594|
|Transfers recognised - capital||24 013||7 741||10 237|
|Public contributions & donations||-||-||-|
|Internally generated funds||-||617||208|
|Total sources of capital funds||24 013||8 358||10 594|
|Total current assets||13 192||6 363||8 249|
|Total non current assets||73 961||75 362||68 083|
|Total current liabilities||13 320||9 177||5 415|
|Total non current liabilities||6 006||4 715||4 634|
|Community wealth/Equity||67 828||67 832||66 283|
|Net cash from (used) operating||8 338||7 702||10 746|
|Net cash from (used) investing||2 684||(8 773)||(10 589)|
|Net cash from (used) financing||-||69||122|
|Cash/cash equivalents at the year end||11 022||2 493||3 496|
|UNAUTHORISED, IRREGULAR, FRUITLESS & WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE|
|Unauthorised expenditure||n/a||5 411||2 159|
|Fruitless & wasteful expenditure||n/a||450||341|
|SOURCE||S71 Unaudited||S71 Audited||S71 Audited|
- S71 Unaudited figures are sourced from the MFMA S71 4th Quarter Schedule C reports, made available by the National Treasury. The schedules are available at http://mfma.treasury.gov.za/Media_Releases/s71/Pages/default.aspx.
- S71 Audited figures are prior year audited figures sourced from the MFMA S71 Schedule C reports.
- If the relevant S71 Schedule C figures are unavailable, prior year audited figures may be taken from the relevant Audited Financial Statements. The source is then indicated as AFS. Links are provided under the Resources section on this site.
- S71 Schedule C reports are in the format for monthly and quarterly municipal financial statements as prescribed by the Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations. S71 Schedule C figures are standardised to the prescribed format and may differ from figures shown in the Audited Financial Statements. Where we have captured figures directly from the Audited Financial Statements, we have endeavoured to follow the S71 Schedule C format.
- Unauthorised, Irregular, Fruitless and Wasteful Expenditure is sourced from the Consolidated general report on the audit outcomes of local government, published annually by the Auditor-General South Africa. If the figures are unavailable in this report, they may be sourced from the Annual Financial Statements of the relevant municipality.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest R'000. R0 values are reflected as ‘-’. Values that are unavailable are reflected as ‘n/a’.
Tenders are published in the media - newspapers: Courier and Prince Albert Friend.
LED ActivitiesKey Projects:
Toontjiesrivier Farm Development.
Links/ResourcesMunicipal TendersAnnual ReportsAnnual Report 2012/13Annual Report 2011/12Audited Financial StatementsAFS 2012/13AFS 2011/12AFS 2010/11MFMA Section 71 – Schedule CSchedule C 2013/14Schedule C 2012/13Schedule C 2011/12
The information in this directory is supplied and/or externally sourced
and is also subject to continual change. If you notice any errors or omissions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
so that we can correct it.