Langeberg Local Municipality (WC026)
Private Bag X2, Ashton, 6715Physical:
28 Main Street, AshtonTel:
023 615 8000Fax:
023 615 1563Web: www.langeberg.gov.za
Description: Langeberg Local Municipality (before 28 August 2009, Breede River/Winelands Local Municipality) is located within the Cape Winelands District Municipality (Boland District Municipality) in the Western Cape province. The boundaries of the newly established municipality now include a large area characterised by very different features. Five former municipalities – that of Ashton, Bonnievale, McGregor, Montagu and Robertson – have merged into one and are now known as the Langeberg Municipality.Cities/Towns:
Ashton, Bonnievale, McGregor, Montagu, Robertson
25 125Population Growth:
1.79% p.a. Unemployment Rate:
Political ManagementComposition of Council:
DA 11, ANC 7, INDEPENDENT 2, COPE 1, PDM 1, WCC 1Mayor:
Ald D Gagiano Other Members of Council:
K Klaas (Deputy Mayor), D A Hull (Speaker), E J Scheffers (Mayco), N P Crouwcamp (Mayco), S W Van Eeden (Mayco), R R Kortjé (Mayco), J D Burger (Finance Portfolio), T S de Koker (Strategy and Social Development Portfolio), D B Janse (Corporate Services Portfolio), E Turner (Engineering Portfolio)
Administrative ManagementMunicipal Manager:
Mr Soyisile MokweniChief Financial Officer:
Mr C F HoffmannCommunications Officer:
Mrs C MatthysLED Officer:
Mr P SalmanOther Senior Management:
A J Everson (Director: Corporate Services), C O Matthys (Director: Strategy and Social Development), I Van Der Westhuizen (Director: Engineering Services)
|All values: R'000||2013/14||2012/13||2011/12|
|AUDIT OUTCOME ||n/a||Clean audit outcome||Clean audit outcome|
|Property rates||32 678||30 150||27 950|
|Service charges||282 636||276 237||253 122|
|Investment revenue||3 095||4 557||5 042|
|Transfers recognised - operational||73 196||78 431||60 377|
|Other own revenue||22 186||22 816||24 333|
|Total Revenue (excluding capital transfers and contributions)||413 791||412 191||370 824|
|Employee costs||127 143||118 438||108 729|
|Remuneration of councillors||7 701||7 099||6 420|
|Depreciation & asset impairment||10 115||16 754||22 283|
|Finance charges||6 662||7 150||7 215|
|Materials and bulk purchases||183 875||176 528||160 291|
|Transfers and grants||-||-||74|
|Other expenditure||80 047||77 124||76 257|
|Total Expenditure||415 543||403 092||381 270|
|Surplus/(Deficit)||(1 752)||9 099||(10 445)|
|Transfers recognised - capital||24 839||24 405||15 608|
|Contributions recognised - capital & contributed assets||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) after capital transfers & contributions||23 087||33 505||5 162|
|Share of surplus/(deficit) of associate||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) for the year||23 087||33 505||5 162|
|CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & FUNDS SOURCES|
|Capital expenditure||51 338||52 169||38 663|
|Transfers recognised - capital||25 403||24 070||16 095|
|Public contributions & donations||-||-||-|
|Internally generated funds||25 935||28 099||22 568|
|Total sources of capital funds||51 338||52 169||38 663|
|Total current assets||106 311||130 314||121 744|
|Total non current assets||535 136||501 429||456 163|
|Total current liabilities||59 359||75 116||65 698|
|Total non current liabilities||89 755||81 555||80 025|
|Community wealth/Equity||492 333||475 072||432 185|
|Net cash from (used) operating||38 093||55 537||26 354|
|Net cash from (used) investing||(45 954)||(55 116)||(37 912)|
|Net cash from (used) financing||(2 222)||(3 054)||(2 596)|
|Cash/cash equivalents at the year end||61 199||71 282||73 915|
|UNAUTHORISED, IRREGULAR, FRUITLESS & WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE|
|Unauthorised expenditure||n/a||-||2 437|
|Fruitless & wasteful expenditure||n/a||-||-|
|SOURCE||S71 Unaudited||S71 Audited||S71 Audited|
- S71 Unaudited figures are sourced from the MFMA S71 4th Quarter Schedule C reports, made available by the National Treasury. The schedules are available at http://mfma.treasury.gov.za/Media_Releases/s71/Pages/default.aspx.
- S71 Audited figures are prior year audited figures sourced from the MFMA S71 Schedule C reports.
- If the relevant S71 Schedule C figures are unavailable, prior year audited figures may be taken from the relevant Audited Financial Statements. The source is then indicated as AFS. Links are provided under the Resources section on this site.
- S71 Schedule C reports are in the format for monthly and quarterly municipal financial statements as prescribed by the Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations. S71 Schedule C figures are standardised to the prescribed format and may differ from figures shown in the Audited Financial Statements. Where we have captured figures directly from the Audited Financial Statements, we have endeavoured to follow the S71 Schedule C format.
- Unauthorised, Irregular, Fruitless and Wasteful Expenditure is sourced from the Consolidated general report on the audit outcomes of local government, published annually by the Auditor-General South Africa. If the figures are unavailable in this report, they may be sourced from the Annual Financial Statements of the relevant municipality.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest R'000. R0 values are reflected as ‘-’. Values that are unavailable are reflected as ‘n/a’.
Tenders are advertised on the municipal website and in the newspapers.
LED ActivitiesKey Projects:
Cleaning projects within different wards; EPWP projects.Key Investment Opportunities:
Agriculture; manufacturing; finance and business; wholesale and retail; tourism; building and construction.
Links/ResourcesMunicipal TendersMunicipal VacanciesAnnual ReportsAnnual Report 2012/13Annual Report 2011/12Audited Financial StatementsAFS 2012/13AFS 2011/12AFS 2010/11Integrated Development PlansIDP 2012/13MFMA Section 71 – Schedule CSchedule C 2013/14Schedule C 2012/13Schedule C 2011/12
The information in this directory is supplied and/or externally sourced
and is also subject to continual change. If you notice any errors or omissions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
so that we can correct it.