Dr JS Moroka Local Municipality (MP316)
Private Bag X4012, Siyabuswa, 0472Physical:
2601/3 Bongimfundo Street, SiyabuswaTel:
013 973 1101Fax:
013 973 0974/2138Web: www.moroka.gov.za
14 164 240km²
Description: Dr JS Moroka Local Municipality is situated in the north-western part of the Mpumalanga province, with Siyabuswa as the capital town. It forms part of the larger economic region of the City of Tshwane, City of Johannesburg, Emalahleni and Steve Tshwete (Middelburg) Municipalities, due to the fact that these areas provide employment opportunities to a sizable number of the municipality's population. The geographical area includes 55 villages. It is characterised by a variety of urban, peri-urban and rural areas. Land use is largely for residential purposes, with some pieces of land falling under the control of traditional leadership. There is huge potential for growth in the tourism industry in this area.Cities/Towns:
Mdala Nature ReserveMain Economic Sectors:
62 162Population Growth:
0.26% p.a. Unemployment Rate:
Political ManagementComposition of Council:
ANC 52, DA 4, SPP 1, ILIMO 1, NFP 1, APC 1, COPE 1, PAC 1Mayor:
Ms Grace Mthimunye Other Members of Council:
G T Skosana (Speaker), K J Boshomane (Chief Whip), B S Magoele (Planning and Infrastructure), S M Ntlailane (Local Economic Development and Finance), J M Sekwala (Administration and Corporate Services)
Administrative ManagementMunicipal Manager:
Mr B S MahlanguChief Financial Officer:
Z G SkhosanaCommunications Officer:
Ms C M RamatsetseLED Officer:
Mr M M MathebeOther Senior Management:
Mr F Monkoe (Acting Manager: Administration and Corporate), Ms N Busane (Manager: Community Development Services), Mr V L Skhosana (Manager: Facilities and Technical Services)
|All values: R'000||2013/14||2012/13||2011/12|
|AUDIT OUTCOME ||n/a||Qualified audit opinion||Qualified audit opinion|
|Property rates||5 696||5 559||3 555|
|Service charges||25 049||29 097||62 857|
|Investment revenue||17 246||8 814||10 206|
|Transfers recognised - operational||217 983||341 101||220 283|
|Other own revenue||35 533||38 553||42 651|
|Total Revenue (excluding capital transfers and contributions)||301 508||423 124||339 551|
|Employee costs||121 112||104 524||83 649|
|Remuneration of councillors||15 032||16 394||14 651|
|Depreciation & asset impairment||-||113 580||65 437|
|Materials and bulk purchases||19 039||24 124||92 533|
|Transfers and grants||43 541||7 979||10 335|
|Other expenditure||137 581||157 382||53 875|
|Total Expenditure||336 305||423 982||320 481|
|Surplus/(Deficit)||(34 797)||(858)||19 070|
|Transfers recognised - capital||57 434||-||53 813|
|Contributions recognised - capital & contributed assets||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) after capital transfers & contributions||22 638||(858)||72 883|
|Share of surplus/(deficit) of associate||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) for the year||22 638||(858)||72 883|
|CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & FUNDS SOURCES|
|Capital expenditure||111 063||-||-|
|Transfers recognised - capital||96 402||-||-|
|Public contributions & donations||14 249||-||-|
|Internally generated funds||-||-||-|
|Total sources of capital funds||111 063||-||-|
|Total current assets||124 467||228 719||190 954|
|Total non current assets||372 813||1 889 100||1 261 623|
|Total current liabilities||5 956||152 965||81 585|
|Total non current liabilities||-||322||11 439|
|Community wealth/Equity||491 324||1 964 532||1 359 553|
|Net cash from (used) operating||205 385||660 995||138 281|
|Net cash from (used) investing||(153 168)||102 353||(109 964)|
|Net cash from (used) financing||-||-||0|
|Cash/cash equivalents at the year end||52 218||883 532||118 856|
|UNAUTHORISED, IRREGULAR, FRUITLESS & WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE|
|Irregular expenditure||n/a||18 633||-|
|Fruitless & wasteful expenditure||n/a||-||335|
|SOURCE||S71 Unaudited||S71 Audited||S71 Audited|
- S71 Unaudited figures are sourced from the MFMA S71 4th Quarter Schedule C reports, made available by the National Treasury. The schedules are available at http://mfma.treasury.gov.za/Media_Releases/s71/Pages/default.aspx.
- S71 Audited figures are prior year audited figures sourced from the MFMA S71 Schedule C reports.
- If the relevant S71 Schedule C figures are unavailable, prior year audited figures may be taken from the relevant Audited Financial Statements. The source is then indicated as AFS. Links are provided under the Resources section on this site.
- S71 Schedule C reports are in the format for monthly and quarterly municipal financial statements as prescribed by the Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations. S71 Schedule C figures are standardised to the prescribed format and may differ from figures shown in the Audited Financial Statements. Where we have captured figures directly from the Audited Financial Statements, we have endeavoured to follow the S71 Schedule C format.
- Unauthorised, Irregular, Fruitless and Wasteful Expenditure is sourced from the Consolidated general report on the audit outcomes of local government, published annually by the Auditor-General South Africa. If the figures are unavailable in this report, they may be sourced from the Annual Financial Statements of the relevant municipality.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest R'000. R0 values are reflected as ‘-’. Values that are unavailable are reflected as ‘n/a’.
The municipal quotations are mainly publicised on municipal notice boards and on the municipal website. Tenders are also advertised in the Sowetan and local community newspapers.
LED ActivitiesKey Projects:
Development of Siyabuswa Shopping Complex; fresh produce market.Key Investment Opportunities:
Tourism industry – Mdala Nature Reserve; Mkhombo Dam; Kwa Nostokana; arts and crafts centre; Sozama Craft Centre; Mkholwane Lodge.
Links/ResourcesMunicipal TendersMunicipal VacanciesAudited Financial StatementsAFS 2011/12AFS 2010/11MFMA Section 71 – Schedule CSchedule C 2013/14Schedule C 2012/13Schedule C 2011/12
The information in this directory is supplied and/or externally sourced
and is also subject to continual change. If you notice any errors or omissions, please contact us at email@example.com
so that we can correct it.