The Big 5 False Bay Local Municipality (KZN273)
PO Box 89, Hluhluwe, 3960Physical:
163 Zebra Street, Library Building, HluhluweTel:
035 562 0040Fax:
035 562 0988Web: www.bigfivefalsebay.org.za
Description: The Big 5 False Bay Local Municipality is situated within the uMkhanyakude District in northern KwaZulu-Natal. Easily accessible off the N2 National Route, it lies adjacent to the False Bay (western) side of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park (previously known as the Greater St Lucia Wetlands Park) and is the starting point of the MR4 (LSDI Corridor), which links Hluhluwe to Mozambique. The town of Hluhluwe, which contains major shopping and light servicing facilities as well as the municipal offices, services the municipality. A large proportion of the land is used for agriculture and game lodge activities and is sparsely settled. The north-eastern parts of the municipality are occupied by fairly densely settled rural traditional communities (Makhasa, Mnqobokasi and Nibela).Cities/Towns:
HluhluweMain Economic Sectors:
Agriculture (25.9%), services (23.5%), transport (16.7%), wholesale (11.6%), finance (8.5%), manufacturing (8.4%)
7 998Population Growth:
1.13% p.a. Unemployment Rate:
Political ManagementComposition of Council:
ANC 3, IFP 3, NFP 1Mayor:
Mrs Catherine GumedeOther Members of Council:
M S Msane, F Zulu, N R Thethwayo, N H Zikhali, C T Khumalo, Z M Mokoena
Administrative ManagementMunicipal Manager:
Mr A M DhlomoChief Financial Officer:
Mr N N ShanduCommunications Officer:
Mr L M ButheleziLED Officer:
M J MyeniOther Senior Management:
Dr T K Mdluli (Community Services Director), Mr A M Mngadi (Corporate Services Director)
|All values: R'000||2013/14||2012/13||2011/12|
|AUDIT OUTCOME ||n/a||Financially unqualified with findings||Qualified audit opinion|
|Property rates||9 475||7 372||6 165|
|Service charges||1 226||1 157||1 020|
|Transfers recognised - operational||19 721||30 163||19 477|
|Other own revenue||2 539||228||732|
|Total Revenue (excluding capital transfers and contributions)||33 047||39 097||27 572|
|Employee costs||11 956||9 814||9 190|
|Remuneration of councillors||1 706||1 416||1 430|
|Depreciation & asset impairment||3 154||3 250||2 418|
|Materials and bulk purchases||(30)||169||-|
|Transfers and grants||20||4 375||4 763|
|Other expenditure||15 110||12 973||10 768|
|Total Expenditure||32 105||31 996||28 569|
|Transfers recognised - capital||7 355||-||10 269|
|Contributions recognised - capital & contributed assets||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) after capital transfers & contributions||8 297||7 101||9 272|
|Share of surplus/(deficit) of associate||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) for the year||8 297||7 101||9 272|
|CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & FUNDS SOURCES|
|Capital expenditure||7 917||10 767||8 197|
|Transfers recognised - capital||7 917||9 403||8 197|
|Public contributions & donations||-||-||-|
|Internally generated funds||-||-||-|
|Total sources of capital funds||7 917||10 767||8 197|
|Total current assets||13 679||11 243||9 930|
|Total non current assets||106 387||100 851||95 054|
|Total current liabilities||17 884||12 152||11 690|
|Total non current liabilities||793||4 788||-|
|Community wealth/Equity||101 389||95 154||93 294|
|Net cash from (used) operating||3 118||12 242||7 464|
|Net cash from (used) investing||(9 857)||(14 266)||(8 308)|
|Net cash from (used) financing||(516)||1 227||-|
|Cash/cash equivalents at the year end||(7 249)||593||407|
|UNAUTHORISED, IRREGULAR, FRUITLESS & WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE|
|Unauthorised expenditure||n/a||-||5 057|
|Fruitless & wasteful expenditure||n/a||-||502|
|SOURCE||S71 Unaudited||S71 Audited||S71 Audited|
- S71 Unaudited figures are sourced from the MFMA S71 4th Quarter Schedule C reports, made available by the National Treasury. The schedules are available at http://mfma.treasury.gov.za/Media_Releases/s71/Pages/default.aspx.
- S71 Audited figures are prior year audited figures sourced from the MFMA S71 Schedule C reports.
- If the relevant S71 Schedule C figures are unavailable, prior year audited figures may be taken from the relevant Audited Financial Statements. The source is then indicated as AFS. Links are provided under the Resources section on this site.
- S71 Schedule C reports are in the format for monthly and quarterly municipal financial statements as prescribed by the Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations. S71 Schedule C figures are standardised to the prescribed format and may differ from figures shown in the Audited Financial Statements. Where we have captured figures directly from the Audited Financial Statements, we have endeavoured to follow the S71 Schedule C format.
- Unauthorised, Irregular, Fruitless and Wasteful Expenditure is sourced from the Consolidated general report on the audit outcomes of local government, published annually by the Auditor-General South Africa. If the figures are unavailable in this report, they may be sourced from the Annual Financial Statements of the relevant municipality.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest R'000. R0 values are reflected as ‘-’. Values that are unavailable are reflected as ‘n/a’.
Tenders are advertised in the local newspapers, usually Ilanga or Zululand Observer.
LED ActivitiesKey Projects:
Akehlulwa lutho Pineapple Projects.
Links/ResourcesMunicipal TendersMunicipal VacanciesAnnual ReportsAnnual Report 2011/12Audited Financial StatementsAFS 2012/13AFS 2011/12AFS 2010/11Integrated Development PlansIDP 2012/13IDP 2011/12MFMA Section 71 – Schedule CSchedule C 2013/14Schedule C 2012/13Schedule C 2011/12
The information in this directory is supplied and/or externally sourced
and is also subject to continual change. If you notice any errors or omissions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
so that we can correct it.