Mkhambathini Local Municipality (KZN226)
Private Bag X04, Camperdown, 3720Physical:
18 Old Main Road, CamperdownTel:
031 785 9300Fax:
031 785 2121Web: www.mkhambathini.gov.za
Description: Mkhambathini Local Municipality is located along the south-eastern boundary of uMgungundlovu District Municipality. It is the second-smallest municipality as one of seven local authorities within the district and is situated within south-west KwaZulu-Natal. Mkhambathini Local Municipality consists of seven wards, with a large part of the municipality being rural in nature and underdeveloped. Mkhambathini is an isiZulu word derived from eMkhambathini, which means "the place of acacia trees". Mkhambathini has several comparative advantages. It is well located in relation to Durban and Pietermaritzburg and adjoins Cato Ridge, a potential industrial node. The N3, which is identified in the Spatial Growth and Development Strategy as a Provincial Corridor, runs east-west through the central part of the municipal area. Significant portions of the municipality fall within the Valley of a Thousand Hills (with Table Mountain a major landmark), an area with high potential for ecotourism, and in the Midlands Mist Belt, which has a well-established agricultural economy. Cities/Towns:
CamperdownMain Economic Sectors:
14 964Population Growth:
0.67% p.a. Unemployment Rate:
Political ManagementComposition of Council:
ANC 9, IFP 3, DA 1, NFP 1Mayor:
Ms Thobekile MaphumuloOther Members of Council:
C T Mkhize (Deputy Mayor), E Ngcongo (Speaker), T A Gwala (Whip)
Administrative ManagementMunicipal Manager:
Mr D A PillayChief Financial Officer:
Mr S C MagcabaLED Officer:
Ms S HlongwanaOther Senior Management:
N J Mnguni (Community Services), M M Lembethe (Administration and Corporate Services), S M Dondo (Technical Services)
|All values: R'000||2013/14||2012/13||2011/12|
|AUDIT OUTCOME ||n/a||Financially unqualified with findings||Financially unqualified with findings|
|Property rates||9 589||6 722||4 881|
|Transfers recognised - operational||79 572||46 451||23 778|
|Other own revenue||6 286||4 667||2 943|
|Total Revenue (excluding capital transfers and contributions)||95 868||57 841||32 355|
|Employee costs||23 378||17 524||15 270|
|Remuneration of councillors||(6 366)||3 869||3 643|
|Depreciation & asset impairment||375||3 085||4 532|
|Materials and bulk purchases||-||1 041||-|
|Transfers and grants||23 359||6 916||8 386|
|Other expenditure||29 938||11 712||8 320|
|Total Expenditure||70 811||44 147||40 196|
|Surplus/(Deficit)||25 057||13 695||(7 841)|
|Transfers recognised - capital||22 537||-||17 864|
|Contributions recognised - capital & contributed assets||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) after capital transfers & contributions||47 594||13 695||10 024|
|Share of surplus/(deficit) of associate||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) for the year||47 594||13 695||10 024|
|CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & FUNDS SOURCES|
|Capital expenditure||14 980||11 934||13 731|
|Transfers recognised - capital||14 980||11 934||13 731|
|Public contributions & donations||-||-||-|
|Internally generated funds||-||-||-|
|Total sources of capital funds||14 980||11 934||13 731|
|Total current assets||12 040||23 762||13 736|
|Total non current assets||67 868||66 906||58 332|
|Total current liabilities||6 703||14 032||8 893|
|Total non current liabilities||-||-||-|
|Community wealth/Equity||73 205||76 635||63 175|
|Net cash from (used) operating||816||7 420||18 461|
|Net cash from (used) investing||(8 384)||9||(11 621)|
|Net cash from (used) financing||-||-||(151)|
|Cash/cash equivalents at the year end||8 933||18 261||10 832|
|UNAUTHORISED, IRREGULAR, FRUITLESS & WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE|
|Irregular expenditure||n/a||1 198||1 247|
|Fruitless & wasteful expenditure||n/a||-||-|
|SOURCE||S71 Unaudited||S71 Audited||S71 Audited|
- S71 Unaudited figures are sourced from the MFMA S71 4th Quarter Schedule C reports, made available by the National Treasury. The schedules are available at http://mfma.treasury.gov.za/Media_Releases/s71/Pages/default.aspx.
- S71 Audited figures are prior year audited figures sourced from the MFMA S71 Schedule C reports.
- If the relevant S71 Schedule C figures are unavailable, prior year audited figures may be taken from the relevant Audited Financial Statements. The source is then indicated as AFS. Links are provided under the Resources section on this site.
- S71 Schedule C reports are in the format for monthly and quarterly municipal financial statements as prescribed by the Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations. S71 Schedule C figures are standardised to the prescribed format and may differ from figures shown in the Audited Financial Statements. Where we have captured figures directly from the Audited Financial Statements, we have endeavoured to follow the S71 Schedule C format.
- Unauthorised, Irregular, Fruitless and Wasteful Expenditure is sourced from the Consolidated general report on the audit outcomes of local government, published annually by the Auditor-General South Africa. If the figures are unavailable in this report, they may be sourced from the Annual Financial Statements of the relevant municipality.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest R'000. R0 values are reflected as ‘-’. Values that are unavailable are reflected as ‘n/a’.
Tenders are advertised in the local newspapers.
LED ActivitiesKey Projects:
Cooperative support; marketing in agriculture, arts and crafts sectors; small business support linkages and advice.
Links/ResourcesMunicipal TendersMunicipal VacanciesAnnual ReportsAnnual Report 2012/13Annual Report 2011/12Audited Financial StatementsAFS 2012/13AFS 2011/12AFS 2010/11Integrated Development PlansIDP 2012/13MFMA Section 71 – Schedule CSchedule C 2013/14Schedule C 2012/13Schedule C 2011/12
The information in this directory is supplied and/or externally sourced
and is also subject to continual change. If you notice any errors or omissions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
so that we can correct it.