Lepelle-Nkumpi Local Municipality (LIM355)
Private Bag X07, Chuenespoort, 0745Physical:
170 BA Lebowakgomo, ChuenespoortTel:
015 633 4500Fax:
015 633 6896Web: www.lepelle-nkumpi.gov.za
Description: Lepelle-Nkumpi Local Municipality is situated within the Capricorn District Municipality in Limpopo province. The municipality is located 55km south of the district municipality and Polokwane (Pietersburg) City. The municipality is predominantly rural. It is divided into 29 wards, four of them being a township called Lebowakgomo and one of the Capricorn District's growth points. All sittings of the Provincial Legislature take place at Lebowakgomo Old Parliament for the former homeland.Cities/Towns:
59 682Population Growth:
0.10% p.a. Unemployment Rate:
Political ManagementComposition of Council:
ANC 47, COPE 4, DA 2, ACDP 1, AZAPO 1, INDEPENDENT 1, PAC 1Mayor:
Ms Veronica PhaahlaOther Members of Council:
F M Mohlatlole (Portfolio Head: Roads and Transport), P P Nchabeleng (Portfolio Head: Health and Social Development), M M Ramokolo (Portfolio Head: Housing and Electricity), M J Sehlapelo (Portfolio Head: Corporate Services), L L Ramoshaba (Portfolio Head: Sports, Arts and Culture, and Community Services)
Administrative ManagementMunicipal Manager:
Mr F RamaphakelaChief Financial Officer:
Mrs Ngoveni RosinaCommunications Officer:
Ms M MaubaneLED Officer:
Mr J Mokoena
|All values: R'000||2013/14||2012/13||2011/12|
|AUDIT OUTCOME ||n/a||Disclaimer of audit opinion||Disclaimer of audit opinion|
|Property rates||19 248||16 079||48 630|
|Service charges||24 334||4 324||4 320|
|Investment revenue||3 841||3 950||4 594|
|Transfers recognised - operational||141 645||130 061||108 348|
|Other own revenue||25 756||36 651||19 914|
|Total Revenue (excluding capital transfers and contributions)||214 825||191 066||185 806|
|Employee costs||58 294||54 649||44 817|
|Remuneration of councillors||14 884||14 015||13 077|
|Depreciation & asset impairment||-||26 079||14 910|
|Materials and bulk purchases||1 584||6 994||-|
|Transfers and grants||-||-||-|
|Other expenditure||44 765||84 349||60 523|
|Total Expenditure||119 748||186 235||133 327|
|Surplus/(Deficit)||95 077||4 831||52 479|
|Transfers recognised - capital||14 873||38 836||35 274|
|Contributions recognised - capital & contributed assets||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) after capital transfers & contributions||109 950||43 667||87 753|
|Share of surplus/(deficit) of associate||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) for the year||109 950||43 667||87 753|
|CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & FUNDS SOURCES|
|Capital expenditure||28 506||-||51 730|
|Transfers recognised - capital||10 103||-||46 482|
|Public contributions & donations||-||-||-|
|Internally generated funds||18 404||-||5 248|
|Total sources of capital funds||28 506||-||51 730|
|Total current assets||141 889||120 561||220 768|
|Total non current assets||-||465 608||248 417|
|Total current liabilities||(14 111)||49 087||65 148|
|Total non current liabilities||50||1 807||1 431|
|Community wealth/Equity||155 949||535 276||402 605|
|Net cash from (used) operating||84 154||70 494||138 124|
|Net cash from (used) investing||(30 545)||(98 779)||-|
|Net cash from (used) financing||-||546||-|
|Cash/cash equivalents at the year end||177 102||79 674||146 495|
|UNAUTHORISED, IRREGULAR, FRUITLESS & WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE|
|Unauthorised expenditure||n/a||-||13 917|
|Irregular expenditure||n/a||30 017||42 537|
|Fruitless & wasteful expenditure||n/a||32||-|
|SOURCE||S71 Unaudited||S71 Audited||S71 Audited|
- S71 Unaudited figures are sourced from the MFMA S71 4th Quarter Schedule C reports, made available by the National Treasury. The schedules are available at http://mfma.treasury.gov.za/Media_Releases/s71/Pages/default.aspx.
- S71 Audited figures are prior year audited figures sourced from the MFMA S71 Schedule C reports.
- If the relevant S71 Schedule C figures are unavailable, prior year audited figures may be taken from the relevant Audited Financial Statements. The source is then indicated as AFS. Links are provided under the Resources section on this site.
- S71 Schedule C reports are in the format for monthly and quarterly municipal financial statements as prescribed by the Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations. S71 Schedule C figures are standardised to the prescribed format and may differ from figures shown in the Audited Financial Statements. Where we have captured figures directly from the Audited Financial Statements, we have endeavoured to follow the S71 Schedule C format.
- Unauthorised, Irregular, Fruitless and Wasteful Expenditure is sourced from the Consolidated general report on the audit outcomes of local government, published annually by the Auditor-General South Africa. If the figures are unavailable in this report, they may be sourced from the Annual Financial Statements of the relevant municipality.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest R'000. R0 values are reflected as ‘-’. Values that are unavailable are reflected as ‘n/a’.
Tenders are published on the municipal website.
LED ActivitiesKey Projects:
Grootfontein Project (irrigation schemes); Dithabaneng Bakery; Mphahlele Self-Help Bakery; Mkgoathane Poultry Project; Mafefe Bakery and Catering; Hlakano Bakery; Tongoane Poultry Project.Key Investment Opportunities:
The tourism attraction at Mafefe Ga-Mampa Village; the agricultural sector: irrigation schemes and Zebediela Citrus Estate; mining opportunities: Lonmin Mine, Klipspringer Mine and other prospects are underway; manufacturing, wholesale and retail sectors.
Links/ResourcesMunicipal TendersAnnual ReportsAnnual Report 2011/12Audited Financial StatementsAFS 2011/12AFS 2010/11Integrated Development PlansIDP 2012/13MFMA Section 71 – Schedule CSchedule C 2013/14Schedule C 2012/13Schedule C 2011/12
The information in this directory is supplied and/or externally sourced
and is also subject to continual change. If you notice any errors or omissions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
so that we can correct it.